Monday, March 18, 2013

GOLD BUCKLE BRISKET


My sister-in-law found this brisket sauce and I am so glad she did because nothing could be easier.   It has the best flavor....people will think you have slaved in the kitchen for hours.  And, it is Gluten-Free.

I found it at Market Basket, which is a locally owned grocery store.  However, if you will click on this link, Allegro Fine Foods in Paris, Tennessee, it will list the stores that carry this sauce as well as give you the option of purchasing it straight from them....I am telling you it is sooooo worth it!!!!

You literally do nothing but pour it over your brisket, cover it, pop it in the oven, and bake it for the time designated for the size brisket you have.  Allow plenty of time because slow and low is the key.  I had two-3lb. trimmed briskets and I cooked them in a 300 degree oven for 4 hours.  The finished product was a tender, moist brisket, that was full of flavor. 

Side Note:  I am thinking that this could be made in the crock pot.  I have never done this but I would probably cut the brisket in large pieces to fit into a crock pot.  Pour the marinade over and cook on high for 8 hours.  Since I have never done this, this is just a guesstimate on time.  If you give it a whirl, I would do it when you are at home all day to check on how it is progressing, cooking-wise.  And...please share with me if you do decide to use the crock pot...I would love to hear how it turns out!

I love to cook but I hate to clean up the kitchen so, I will choose any shortcuts I can find.  I don't see the point in using a pan that I will have to wash just to bake this brisket.  I prefer to bake it in a disposable, aluminum pan and then serve it in a pretty dish.  The point is that my clean up time in the kitchen was shortened and that gives me more time to hold my new little grandson, Alexander!!

 
 
GOLD BUCKLE BRISKET
 
Alrighty, here are the step-by-step photos. Hope you try this soon....I promise you will be impressed and hooked!!



These are two, approximately three pound trimmed briskets.


Pour recommended amount of sauce over brisket. 


Be sure to shake up the marinade, all the good seasonings settle on the bottom.


Evenly distribute the seasonings.

Pop in 300 degree oven for recommended amount of time.


Be sure and baste every hour....it keeps the brisket moist.
Finished Brisket!


I served it with my recipe for Macaroni and Cheese (I added fresh spinach leaves to half of the mac n cheese...couldn't really taste them but added some extra iron and vitamins), Garlic Green Beans (which I need to blog), and Boston Market Cornbread


ENJOY!

No comments: