Monday, December 31, 2012

PAULA DEEN'S PULLED PORK (adapted)


Ugh!  I decided I wanted the original picture bigger so I zoomed in and took this picture and deleted the original.  Did not realize that the iPhone borders would show up! Annnnnd.....I did not realize I had over 3000 pictures on my iPhone.   Oh well, at least you can see how tender and how this roast shreds easily after cooking.


I am calling this the adapted recipe because she does give a recipe for the meat rub but I like TexJoy BarBQue seasoning.  I think it is not worth the extra effort and expense to get a ton of ingredients when you can just get one bottle of seasoning that does it all.  If you do not have TexJoy seasoning in your area then just use your favorite barbeque dry seasoning or rub.  I have been making this recipe for about 3 years and have made it several times using pork roasts and briskets.  I am telling you....you cannot mess this recipe up.  It is one of my family's favorites and I think you will find it one of your go-to recipes whether for a holiday, or to bring to someone, or when you need a no-fuss recipe. 

The meat can be rubbed down the day before and put into the refrigerator.  The next day, take the roast out, put in a pan, pour the marinade over, cover and put in the oven.  Could not be easier!

Hope you try it soon and I hope you try my homemade barbeque sauce that I will be posting tomorrow.  It goes perfectly with this recipe! 


PAULA DEEN'S PULLED PORK (adapted)

4 pound trimmed Pork Roast (I have also used a brisket)
 
I am cooking double the amount of meat called for in this recipe but it is not necessary to double the marinade.
 
 
Cover meat with TexJoy BarBQue Seasoning and.....
 
Of course, garlic powder too and rub it all over the meat
 
Place in a large Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight or for at the very least 2 hours


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Marinade
2 cups apple juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder (I, of course, add more)
 
Pour 2 cups of apple juice in a bowl
 
Add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to the juice
 
 Add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
 
Pour in 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
 
The recipe calls for 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder but I add way more than that. 
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. 
 
Place brisket or roast in the pan (I doubled the amount of meat but not the amount of marinade)
 
Pour marinade over meat and cover with Heavy Duty Aluminum foil or a tight fitting lid
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours for a 4 pound roast or until it shreds easily with a fork
 
Baste every hour to keep meat from drying out. 
 
Remove from oven and shred.
 
My New Year's Day plate with the adapted Paula Deen's Pulled Pork and my Homemade Barbeque Sauce!


If you are shredding, use a fork or tongs until the meat is reduced to bite size pieces.

Serve on hamburger buns topped with your favorite BBQ sauce.  

I have a recipe for a absolutely divine sauce that I will post soon.

6 servings.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tucson az teen dating 18 http://loveepicentre.com/map.php single dating women with children