Saturday, December 29, 2012

FANTASY FUDGE (it never fails)

 

I love CHRISTmas baking and cooking...it is one of those things that if I don't do then it just doesn't feel like CHRISTmas!  This fudge recipe is one I have been making for years and years and the reason is because it absolutely NEVER fails!   I change up the treats I make every year but fudge is always on the list.  

I made two batches this CHRISTmas season.  It is quick to make and it has such a smooth, rich, milk chocolate-y flavor!  I think I could eat an entire batch all by myself so I try to give most of it away so I don't gain 20 pounds over the holidays!

This year someone broke into my home and took half of my fudge.  My friend, Melissa Miller, called it a "fudge-muggin'"!  We had a description of the suspect...female, mid-twenties, long, brunette hair and a little pregnant round belly!  It sounded like someone I know....haha!

I hope you try this and I apologize for not posting this before Christmas but it's not too late for New Years! 

And one more little side note....I have thought about making a chocolate cake and icing it, then drizzling it with this fudge all around the edges...can you say "divine"?  I am going to do it...maybe for my 50th birthday in a few months!  Half a century deserves something really amazing and this would definitely be beyond amazing!!

FANTASY FUDGE

1-1/2 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1-12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-7 ounce jar marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
Butter a 13 X 9 dish


Melt butter in a medium saucepan


Add sugar and evaporated milk

Bring to a full rolling boil.  Stir constantly to prevent scorching. 
 
Boil for EXACTLY 5 MINUTES!
 
SET YOUR TIMER
 
 
Turn off heat and add chocolate chips
 
Stir until all of the chocolate chips are completely melted

Add Marshmallow crème.  Use the hot spoon to scoop the marshmallow crème out of the jar.

Stir until totally blended


Add vanilla and nuts

Pour into buttered dish.

Cool and cut into squares!

CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this for me. Somehow I'd lost my copy of it. It's a favorite in our family too! It never goes badly, except for that time.....oh well. Let's just say everyone loves it!