Wednesday, December 5, 2012

MY NEWLY DISCOVERED DINNER ROLL


I thought I would share my new found favorite rolls.  I made these last night for supper and for the very first time this past Thanksgiving.  I usually make rolls from scratch but I lost my recipe 2 years ago and I have been searching for a recipe like it since.  These are so close and so easy that I don't know if I will ever attempt the homemade rolls again.

As you can see above, they start out as small, frozen balls about the size of a golf ball.  I use a 9 x 13 disposable aluminum pan that is sprayed with Pam.  Place the rolls in 4 across and 5 down.  The close proximity makes the rolls rise upward instead of outward.

Cover with a sheet of Cling Wrap that has been sprayed with Pam.  Put the cling wrap, sprayed side loosely down over the rolls and place somewhere that will not be disturbed for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.  I place mine close to the oven. 
These have already risen about 4 hours.  Literally, you just set them aside and come back in 5 hours.




This is what they will look like after 5 hours.  When you take the Cling Wrap off be sure you are very gentle.  They are so light that any pulling will cause them to deflate like balloons.  



Pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes.  I just start watching them after about 10 minutes because I do not want them to get too brown!  I ate 3...carbs are my weakness!

Butter the tops when they come out!  They are the lightest, fluffiest rolls and so carefree!  I bought them at HEB but I think that you can probably find them at your local supermarket!


ENJOY!!



No comments: