Monday, January 14, 2013

CINNAMON ROLL CAKE

I am so sorry I have not shared any recipes on my blog lately.  So, to make up for it I knew I needed to share something reallllly special.
 
Well, this cake it pretty close to perfect!
 
My kitchen smells amazing when it is cooking and you literally can eat it while it is still warm.  In fact, the next day I will pop a piece in the microwave for a few seconds and it tastes just like it came out of the oven. 
 
I made it last year for bunco to announce Chelcie Concienne Barnett's and Ashley Concienne's pregnancies.  We called it "Bun In The Oven" cake.   Definitely bad for my "buns" though!  He He!
 
It is an easy cake to make but make sure you read through the instructions first. 
 
CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
 
 
CAKE:
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
 
Mix everything for 2 minutes except for the butter.  Slowly stir in butter and pour into a greased 9X13 pan. 
 
TOPPING:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
 
 
Mix all the topping ingredients together until well combined.  Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes
 
 
 
GLAZE:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
 
 
Drizzle glaze over cake while it is still warm.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Haley Chance said...

How cute! I have several friends who are pregnant, and I think this Bun in the Oven cake would make their day. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my....the picture looks finger licking good....but after reading this....I HAVE TO MAKE THIS! My mouth is watering!

Unknown said...

Yum this cake looks SO good and I absolutely LOVE cinnamon rolls. Found your blog through Pinterest and I love it! I'm a southern girl too (from North Carolina)!

Julianna W. said...

Totally Delish! I had to bake the cake a bit longer, so it wasn't too gooey with the added icing. A bit hit with the family! Thanks~

Heather said...

I just want to tell you that I've made this cake several times with RAVE REVIEWS!!! I went to look up the recipe again tonight and thought that I had lost it and I panicked!!!! One of the best cakes ever!!!!!