Saturday, June 30, 2012

Grilled Fish Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Sauce

I love grilled fish and tilapia is my favorite fish to grill at home when I need something quick and light.  It has a delicate flavor and can be cooked so many different ways.   Today, I'm going to share my favorite way to prepare and serve tilapia. 
This pan makes grilling tilapia a snap!!




I use this grill pan all the time.  It is so easy to heat on a stove burner and it cleans up very easily (that put a smile on my face)!  This one is a 9X11 All-Clad and I have had it probably 5 years, if not longer.  



Brush melted butter on both sides of fish.  You could probably use olive oil, I just never have so I couldn't tell you how it tastes.  If you do, let me know how it goes!





Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning!  It is awesome on seafood!  Be generous....totally coat the fish.  I only do one side and then put that side on the grill.  I usually spray the grill pan with Pam but I don't think with the butter that it is totally necessary. 




Cook until browned and a little charred on one side, then flip and season and cook until fish is white and flaky inside.  All in all, it takes approximately 15-20 minutes.  I like mine well done. 





Place fish in a tortilla (I prefer flour but you can use corn).  This tortilla was one that only had 2 carbs...woohoo!  Add shredded cabbage....I used a bag of shredded cabbage and carrots that was ready to use.  Then I added my Cilantro-Lime Sauce (the recipe is in my previous blog post and served with a grilled corn-avocado salad....scrumptious!!!!

Enjoy!!



No comments: