Tuesday, June 12, 2012

 June 12, 2012

In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that we were given tomatoes by some friends.  Well we still have quite a few left and I really do not want to waste them so I decided I wanted to try making homemade spaghetti sauce.



Judy and her grandbaby Mallory
Have I mentioned yet what a great sister-in-law that I have?  Let's leave off the "in-law" because 
Judy is my sister in my heart!



She also happens to be a terrific gardener!
Her garden is fabulous and has lots of stuff in it that would be perfect for spaghetti sauce....so I went "picking" at her house!  
I got some great bell peppers, lemon thyme, greek oregano, sweet basil, and eggplant.  
Absolutely love knowing that it is organic, fresh, and right out of the garden!




She also brought me some fresh blueberries from a local blueberry farm!  
They are the SWEETEST blueberries I think I have ever eaten.  
There are so many that it will be fun to see what all I can do with them... 
IF 
they last that long!


Rosie
I spent most of the day making the spaghetti sauce and I am pooped so I will share the recipe tomorrow!  But I thought I would share a picture of my "sous chef", Rosie!  If you look just above her head you can see a faint little black "swish"!  It's her little wagging tail and it's how she let's me know she is a happy girl!! Look at those sweet little eyes...love her!

1 comment:

crystal said...

Rosie is so sweet!