Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Sauce


Every once in a while, I go on a quest for the perfect recipe.  Not too long ago, I was obsessed with finding the perfect vanilla cupcake recipe (I'll post that another day)!  Several pounds later, and requests from my family to quit making them my royal tasters, I found it...the go-to, perfect vanilla cupcake!

I said all that to say that I have tried umpteen (southern word for lots and lots) recipes for a good cilantro-lime sauce to serve on fish tacos.  What I found and tweaked is a recipe that I literally could eat by the spoonful!  And it is easy to make too!  Grab your food processor and let's get started!

CILANTRO-LIME SAUCE

1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2-4 large garlic, chopped
6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
6 tablespoons light sour cream
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons fresh lime rind, grated
3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until it is smooth. 
Refrigerate until ready to use.

This makes approximately 1-1/2 cups



Chop green onions




Add Garlic (you can chop it instead of mincing) to processor

Add green onions and cilantro




Love this kitchen gadget



The little wooden citrus reamer makes this job easy!


This recipe uses light ingredients but doesn't taste like it!
Start with about 1/2 teaspoon and then add more if you like!
I filled my pepper grinder with these little jewels! (sorry for the  close up of my badly-in-need-of-a-manicure hand)


This machine is priceless in the kitchen!

So yummy and the lime and cilantro taste so fresh!!


ENJOY!!!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you thought of your own cook book?

Little Magnolia Kitchen said...

My family wants to do one! It would be so convenient to have them all in one book!