Saturday, August 31, 2013

CHICKEN SALAD



If I only had a dime for every time I have made this chicken salad...I would be a rich girl! Ha!  I have made it for just about every baby and wedding shower I have ever given and for luncheons galore.  It is quick to make and super easy, as well!

I first had chicken salad made with grapes at a local, little bakery.  I went there probably every week.  But, unfortunately, the owner sold out and when the new management took over, they did not offer lunch...boo!!  So, that left me to try to figure out how to make that amazing chicken salad.  I tried different ingredients until I came up with this one and it is my favorite. 



CHICKEN SALAD

1 - 12.5 ounce can Tyson Chicken Breast, drained
2 Eggs, boiled, peeled and diced
4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 heaping teaspoons Sweet Relish
Sweet Green or Red Grapes, approximately 20 halved
2-3 tablespoons chopped Pecans or Walnuts or sliced Almonds
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Put the chicken in a medium bowl and using a fork, separate the chicken.  Add the other ingredients and stir well.  If you feel like it needs more mayonnaise, you can add it at this time.

Serve on lettuce, bread or croissants.

Makes about 6 whole sandwiches, depending on how much mixture you place on each sandwich.


 ENJOY!












No comments: