Sunday, December 28, 2014

SNOWBALLS


SNOWBALLS

These cookies are my son and my husband's favorite cookies! I originally got this recipe from a friend of mine, Mayna Premo, and they had a little chocolate kiss in the middle.  She called them Secret Kiss cookies.  I don't know why I started making them without the little kiss in the middle but we love them with or without and prefer them without!  Without the kiss, I think they are considered Sand Tarts or Wedding Cookies.

These cookies are super buttery and practically melt in your mouth.  The best part is that they are very easy to make.  I don't know anyone who doesn't like them so they are great to give as a gift or to bring to a party.  Christmas is not the only time to make these.  I think these would be great for New Years Eve, New Year's Day, birthdays, potlucks...really anytime is a great time to make these little yummies.

Now that I think of it, I think I will make these for New Year's Eve! 

SNOWBALLS

Preheat oven to 375 Degrees

1 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-3/4 cup Flour
1 cup Pecans, chopped small
1 Box Powdered Sugar
1 regular Bag of Hershey Kisses (optional)

Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.   
Add flour and nuts
Mix well.
Chill dough.

Choose option:
For kisses....Mold dough around kiss and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.

For snowballs....roll dough into ball a little smaller than a ping-pong ball.

Bake for 12 minutes.

Take cookies out of the oven and let cool a little bit. Maybe about 10 minutes.

Roll cookies in powdered sugar.

When cooled roll in powdered sugar again.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies according to which cookies you choose to make.

ENJOY!



No comments: