Friday, June 21, 2013

LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING



One of my biggest pet peeves, when I go out to dinner, is that almost every restaurant offers a salad but they dress it with a bottled dressing.  Usually, those dressings are full of calories and taste yucky (I tried to come up with a better word but it fits!)   Dressings are so easy to make.  They take no time at all and they store in your refrigerator for sometimes a few weeks.

I have several salad dressing recipes that I will share with y'all over the next few days.  I made this one yesterday and it took me like 10 minutes or maybe even less.  This recipe does have the tang of the lemon and vinegar, so something sweet compliments it really well.  It goes so well with fruit that  I literally dunked leftover mangos into the vinaigrette and ate them!!

One of my favorite salads at a restaurant is Katharine & Company's Mango Avocado Salad.  I, of course, do not have their recipe but that is what inspired me to create the Lemon Vinaigrette.  I threw together a spinach and spring greens salad, topped with my brined grilled chicken from the night before, sliced mangos, sliced red onion, chunky bites of avocado, crumbled goat cheese with salt and pepper to taste.  I drizzled the lemon vinaigrette over it and it was amazing! 

If you have never made dressings from scratch before, I would urge you to try one.  I will be posting the recipes for my Poppy Seed Dressing, Honey Vinaigrette,Balsamic Vinaigrette and Fresh Cucumber Dressing soon.    I say if you're going to eat salad...you should look forward to it!!  Agreed?


LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
 (this makes a small amount, you might want to double)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (nothing else will do)
1/2 cup Olive Oil (I use the light flavored version
2 teaspoons Honey
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients into a food processor and process or
place in a mason jar and shake until all is blended well.

You can store this in the refrigerator for 2 days.


ENJOY!


No comments: