Thursday, June 20, 2013

SUMMER CORN SALAD WITH CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING



Every time my daughter and I go shopping in Houston, our choice spot to have lunch is Nordstrom.  There is not one thing I have ever ordered that I have not loved!  We have our favorites like the Bistro Club with the pommes frites (french fries) and that amazing kalamata olive aioli!  Oh, and the white chocolate bread pudding with raspberry sauce is to die for!   I have all of the Nordstrom recipe books and I found this recipe in my Nordstrom Friends and Family cookbook. I did change the dressing up a bit (I can't help myself) by adding Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice! It is the perfect accompaniment to a summertime meal.  It is fresh, light and satisfying.  It is super easy to assemble and the dressing is wonderful for any salad.  If you try it, let me know what you think!  I always love the feedback!



CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING

1 Shallot, quartered and minced (approximately 3 tablespoons)
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard, heaping
2 tablespoon sugar (I add 1 extra tablespoon)
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/3 cup Champagne Vinegar
1-1/2 cups Canola Oil (I use half Olive Oil and half Canola Oil)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Freshly ground pepper

In a blender or in a food processor, add the minced shallot and minced garlic cloves with about a tablespoon of the vinegar, and process until smooth.  Add the rest of the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Process to combine the ingredients thoroughly.  With the machine running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream to form an emulsion.  Taste and adjust the ingredients.

Store in a bottle with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to a month.



SUMMER CORN SALAD

1/2 cup Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing
3 Ears of Fresh Corn, grilled or roasted in the oven
1 container of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
OR
6 Plum Tomatoes, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
1 tablespoon, Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
2 cups of firmly packed Spinach and Arugula mix
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper

Roast corn by wrapping shucked corn on the cobs in aluminum foil and placing in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.  Cool completely.

Cut corn kernels from cobs into a large bowl.  Should have approximately 2 cups.

Add tomatoes, parsley, arugula, spinach and 1/2 cup of Champagne Vinaigrette to the corn and toss to combine.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Let the salad sit a room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. 


  • ENJOY!

No comments: