Thursday, August 2, 2012

MARCIA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I have made lots of chocolate chip cookies in my life but when my daughter, Holly, came home from college a few years ago and made these...they became my very favorite!!  They were her roommate, Lauren's, Mom's recipe.

Lauren and her Mom, Marcia!  Beautiful and sweet girls!

If you like a soft, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth, divine tasting cookie....then these are a must-try!!



The key is the ingredients and the ratio used.  Also, the biggest factor is that you mound the dough up high instead of rolling them into balls or patting them flat or rolling and cutting.  It seems weird, at first, and I wondered if they would cook entirely in the center, but they came out perfect the first time and every time since then!



I made these yesterday afternoon and surprised my daughter. These are her favorite cookie!

My daughter Holly

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Judy and David, and their granddaughter, Mallory, came over to eat.  I just kept hearing "these are awesome"!  It was not anything I did special...it is just a really good recipe.

I hope you enjoy making these for your family or someone you love!

MARSHA'S AWESOME CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2/3 cup shortening
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
31/4 cups flour
1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and shortening

Add both white and brown sugar

Blend until well incorporated

Add Eggs

And Vanilla
Beat until well incorporated

Mix your flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
Stir 1 cup at a time into your wet mixture.


Add chocolate Chips and mix well

These are the smaller ones, probably the size of a key lime!

Mound dough high.  You can make them any size you want, small or large.  Just watch them in the oven.  I would start checking them at about 10 minutes.  When they start getting golden brown on the bottom, they are ready.  


Transfer to a cooling rack!

Eat them warm or eat them cool....they are good no matter how you choose to eat them.

I have even put frosting between to make a cookie sandwich.
AND/OR....
You could put ice cream between two of them and make a ice cream sandwich. 

YUM!!!!








No comments: