Wednesday, July 31, 2013

PEACH-BERRY PIE



Well, it started with the peaches above. 

I bought an entire case of Georgia peaches last week with the intent of learning how to make peach preserves!


This is what I have left!  Obviously, not enough for preserves but definitely enough for a pie or cobbler!! 

I wanted to try a new recipe using my peaches, so I went on the website allrecipes.com and found one that had great reviews.  It was really so simple and quick to throw together.  It is a perfect recipe to impress your guests.  I have a confession to make, I have never made a pie crust.  Eeeek!!  Another confession....I used pre-made crusts for this recipe.   I do want to get around to making a homemade pie crust.  I am told it is pretty easy!  I'll leave that for another day and another blog.

Today, it was Peach-Berry Pie and it did not disappoint.  My son-in-law doesn't even like peaches and when he saw it and smelled it, he scooped up a big serving with ice cream and licked the bowl clean...haha!  I think you will like it too!


PEACH-BERRY PIE

4 cups of fresh Peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 cup of fresh Raspberries
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 (9-inch) Pie Crusts
2 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into pieces
1 tablespoon coarse granulated Sugar


Preheat oven to 400 degrees


Place peaches and berries in a colander for about 15 minutes to drain any excess fluid.


Transfer fruit to a large bowl.
 
 
Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl.
 
 
Pour the dry mixture over the fruit and gently toss.
 
 
 
Transfer to pie crust.
 
 

 
Dot with butter, and top with remaining crust.
 
 
 
Cut vents in top crust, and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
 
 

 
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is golden brown.


 
ENJOY!

No comments: