Friday, February 27, 2015

BEST YOGURT PARFAIT EVER






Now tell me, doesn't this look like it is just going to be divine?  I am here to tell you, IT IS!!

I was cleaning out a room the other day, getting ready for some remodeling, so I just had Pioneer Woman playing on the television.  I looked up when she started talking about this little treat.  She had me intrigued because she was just gushing over this Greek Yogurt (that is an anomaly to me...not a fan).  She said her Mom taught her how to make it and she described it as "the best thing she has ever put in her mouth"!

I have been battling a sinus infection and on antibiotics, for what seems forever.  I was just thinking that I needed to be eating some yogurt to get some of that balance back in my gut, so she had me there too.  I watched her make it and it was simple enough, but what she did to the yogurt is where she got me hooked into trying it.

She started off with a container of Greek Yogurt but then she added heavy cream, brown sugar, and vanilla, and then finished it by layering it with fresh assorted berries.  I went to the store the next day and made it this morning.

I could not put my spoon down, it was just that good.  I know it has sugar and heavy cream but surely the yogurt and fresh berries cancels out any bad that could do....please tell me that is the truth!!  What a perfect little dish for serving to your family for breakfast, your girlfriends for brunch, or just for anytime you want a snack or light dessert....I so think this could be considered dessert : )

It took me less than 5 minutes to mix up...20 minutes in the fridge...3 minutes to assemble....what could be easier or less trouble.  I think I can safely say that this would make a Greek Yogurt lover out of any hater!  Try it and let me know!



BEST YOGURT PARFAIT EVER

(1) 17.5 ounce container Greek Yogurt (I used Fage)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (I used half light and half brown sugar, but it could be either and be great)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Assorted Berries
Almonds, Walnuts, Granola
Extra Brown Sugar

Spoon the container of yogurt into a medium size bowl.


Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and teaspoon of vanilla to the yogurt.  Using a whisk, combine until well incorporated and creamy.

Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of brown sugar over the top of the yogurt mixture but 
DO NOT STIR.


Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.



In a parfait glass, or a small bowl, put a handful of berries.

DO NOT stir the brown sugar into the yogurt, but rather just dip your spoon all the way to the bottom and back up again grabbing some of the yogurt with the brown sugar, and dollop onto the fruit.  Repeat.



Top with a little bit of brown sugar, granola, nuts, if you like.

ENJOY!

No comments: