Wednesday, November 26, 2014

CRANBERRY SAUCE




My husband loves the canned cranberry sauce.  It's really the only thing he asks for at Thanksgiving. This year he didn't say specificallyyyyy he wanted canned cranberry sauce soooooo I decided to introduce him to something new....cranberry sauce from scratch!

It's really easy and I think it's really good and I hope he really likes it or I may be hearing about this for years to come!

I am going to make this a short blog because I am actually cooking Thanksgiving dinner today.  All my kiddos came up to the ranch and my daughter and her husband have to make it back home tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with his parents.  So thankful that I can still spend holidays with all of my kids.

Anyway, here is the recipe.  You may want to double this as it only makes a little over a cup.  Let me know what you think and I will let you know what my husband thought!!  Deal? Deal!



CRANBERRY SAUCE

1 Bag of Cranberries
1 cup of Orange Juice
3 Cinnamon Sticks
6 Allspice
6 Whole Cloves
1 Cup of Brown Sugar

Place cranberries in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, and cover with orange juice.  Cook until cranberries pop, about 10 minutes.

Place the spices in gauze or a spice bag and place in saucepan.  (I didn't have anything so I just had to place them in and pick them out at the end.)

Add the brown sugar and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.

Spoon into a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate.

ENJOY!







1 comment:

Little Magnolia Kitchen said...

UPDATE: My husband said he loved it and it was the best cranberry sauce he had ever tasted!! Success!! This is a new favorite!