Tuesday, September 3, 2013

RASPBERRY FILLED CINNAMON BITES


 

These little nuggets are just sheer breakfast joy!  I have been making these for my kids ever since they were in preschool and they have not grown out of them yet....still one of their favorites!

I am pretty sure that Christopher brought this little recipe home from preschool like 20+ years ago.  It is not the healthiest thing to eat but it sure is the YUMMIEST thing to eat.  I absolutely love them and could eat a dozen of them at a time!  I cannot describe how wonderful the combination of flavors are in this recipe and, to top it off, they are so easy and quick to make. 

I actually make these just to blog them.  I am trying to cut back on my sugar and my husband only ate two so I was left with quite a few.  My daughter and son-in-law came over to eat and saw those on the counter and their eyes nearly popped out of their heads! Ha!  They both grabbed one before we even sat down to eat!  So, believe me when I say these are REALLY, REALLY scrumptious!  And...the smell when they are baking is heavenly!  Go get your ingredients....this one is worth it!




RASPBERRY FILLED CINNAMON BITES

1 can Buttermilk Biscuits, 8 biscuits
1/2 stick Butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Raspberry Preserves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
 
Cut each biscuit in half. 
 
 

Roll each half into a ball
 

Dip the ball in butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
 

Place in a muffin pan.
 


Bake for 13-15 minutes.

Immediately make an indention in each biscuit right out of the oven.
If you do not have one of these little devices...you can use anything that is the size of a half dollar to make the indention.

Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.

Place a dollop of raspberry preserves in the center of each.

Makes 16  (Too bad they don't make a 16 hole muffin pan!)


ENJOY!
 










1 comment:

Kristin said...

So easy and yummy! Looks pretty served on a silver platter. Made them with sugar free red raspberry preserves. The slight tartness was great with the sweetness of the pastry. Made them this morning for my hunny for Valentines Day! Love your recipes!