Wednesday, January 25, 2017

BASIL PESTO



Can we all just agree that pesto is magical?

It is like the most perfect combination of ingredients.  Whoever, created it first needs a medal...seriously!  

I love that it is fresh and can be used in so many ways.  Tonight, I had a recipe that called for pre-made pesto, but it is so super easy to make and quick that I didn't even consider not making my own.  If you have a food processor, you can have it made in 5 minutes...or less.  

The good thing is that you can put pesto on pretty much anything and make it taste ahhh-mazing!  Try it on those vegetables you can't get your family to eat.  Put it on toasted baguette slices instead of garlic butter or toss some pesto with your favorite pasta for a delicious entree.  And a little goes a long way, so I still have some in my fridge from tonight's dinner.   Think I'll toss some over pasta tomorrow night's dinner.

BASIL PESTO

2 cups fresh Basil
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
2/3 cup Olive Oil
Salt

Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth...about 30 seconds to 1 minute.

ENJOY!










No comments: