Tuesday, July 8, 2014

CHEESECAKE TARTS

 
 


CHEESECAKE TARTS
 
Do you love cheesecake?  Who doesn't....right?
 
These little yummies are absolutely melt-in-your-mouth perfect!  I so wanted to get this recipe on my blog for the 4th of July because they are the perfect Red, White and Blue dessert....but I failed miserably.  So sorry : (

I found this recipe many years ago in a Southern Living cookbook.  It is considered one of their Hall of Fame Dessert Classics and I totally agree.  I have made these so many times, for so many occasions, and there are never any left.  If you want a recipe that appeals to the majority (if not all) of people, then this is a recipe you have got to try.  It is super easy to make and makes such a pretty presentation.

There are a few things that you might find helpful.  First, this recipe only makes 12 servings so I always double....this recipe is easy to do that with.  Second, I find that the foil cupcake liners make the best choice for this recipe because they are more substantial and do not become wet or soggy.  Third, I always use canned fruit filling.  One can is perfect for 24 tarts but, if you want more than one filling choice, you will have leftover filling.  You can put that filling in containers and place in refrigerator to use as a topping for ice cream or maybe pound cake.  I have not tried to freeze it but I would think it would freeze nicely. 

I am convinced this recipe is going to become one of your favorites, just like it is one of mine.  I mean it is a Southern Living favorite...how can you go wrong?!


CHEESECAKE TARTS

2 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
12 Vanilla Wafers
Cherry or Blueberry Filling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Gradually add sugar, mixing well.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Stir in vanilla.

Place a vanilla wafer in each paper-lined cup of a muffin pan.  Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers, filling cups full. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Leave in muffin pan, cover and chill overnight.

To serve, top with a small amount of pie filling.

Yield: 12 Servings

ENJOY!

CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE




 

No comments: