Monday, January 16, 2017

RED WINE VINEGAR AND GARLIC GREEN BEANS








My friend, Kelly, makes these green beans the best!

I got the recipe from her.  Before that, green beans were relegated in my house to a green bean casserole.  I like flavor and green beans never seemed to have any....until this recipe!

I literally could eat these yummy little beans all by themselves....cold on a salad....or hot with a meal.  For some reason, this sounds like the beginning of a Dr. Suess book to me!  Okay, anyway, my daughter is just as obsessed with these as I am.  I am sitting here thinking that a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes would take this up a notch.  Why have I not thought of that before?  Next time!

Super easy to make and super flavorful....enjoy!





RED WINE VINEGAR AND GARLIC GREEN BEANS

2 lbs. fresh whole Green Beans
5 cloves Garlic, minced
Little less than 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar (You might want to start with a 1/4 cup and then add more     to your liking and taste)
Little less than 1/2 cup (I use less because its my preference) Olive Oil (I use a good, extra virgin like Bertolli) 
Salt to taste.


Bring salted water to boil.



Add beans and cook for 5-6 minutes.  I like my green beans al dente.  I don't like them too soft or to crunchy, just somewhere in the middle.

Drain and submerge in cold, ice water to stop the cooking process.  Or stop the cooking just a little early and then skip this step. 


If you have chosen to submerge in cold water, then drain and place in a large, glass bowl.  Mince the garlic and add to the beans.  Shake vinegar over beans. Toss.  Drizzle oil over beans and add salt to your liking and toss again.

When you are ready to serve, reheat in microwave for approximately one minute. 

Stir to coat beans.

ENJOY!

No comments: