Wednesday, December 10, 2014

GLAZED CARROTS (LIKE CHEDDAR'S)


My 21 month old grandson is pretty much obsessed with carrots.  My daughter packs them in his lunch when he goes to MDO and there is never any left.  He really likes the carrots at Cheddar's restaurant  (probably because they are all sugared up).  Tonight, I was cooking and my daughter, son in law, and my grandson were coming over eat.  I decided I would attempt to make them like Cheddars.  He only ate the carrots so I think I got it! Ha!

It was the easiest thing ever.  I think the carrots got more compliments than the rest of the meal! Ha!  I am not a big carrot lover but I like these.  Sorry I did not get a picture of the finished dish but everyone came in to eat and I just forgot to take a picture.   When I make them next time, I will take a picture and post it to this blog post.

Carrots are full of vitamin A, vitamin K, Folate and that's just a few nutrients found in this vegetable. Glad to have a recipe that makes me WANT to eat carrots!  Try them and let me know what you think!

GLAZED CARROTS

1 - 16 ounce package of Baby Carrots
1/2 stick of Butter
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Honey

Boil the carrots for 15 minutes in a medium saucepot

Drain the carrots and place back in the saucepot and over the fire at low heat.

Add the butter.

When butter is melted, add the brown sugar and honey.



Cook another 5 minutes and serve.

ENJOY!

No comments: