Monday, February 2, 2015

PUMPKIN BREAD


I think I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Judy.  I found it in a bag of torn-out and copied recipes that I keep and add to from time to time.    I am so glad I found it because my little grandson loves Pumpkin Bread and I wanted to make him some.
 

This little munchkin came over today and he scarfed down a slice of that bread!


I think the ingredients in this recipe set it apart from other pumpkin bread recipes.  First of all, it has half the oil of most recipes because it incorporates ricotta cheese in its place.  Also, it calls for either milk or orange juice and I thought orange juice would pump up the flavor a bit.  Equal parts of brown sugar and white sugar are what sweetens this recipe and I used the dark brown sugar because I wanted more of that deep molasses flavor. 
 
 
Something I like to do is to grease my loaf pan by spraying it with Baker's Joy.  I then cut a piece of parchment paper that fits at the widest part of the pans and hangs out of both sides.  This step will keep the bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan.  Also, when the bread is done you just simply grab both ends of the paper that is hanging out and lift it out of the pan to cook on a rack.

 
 
This recipe makes two large loaf pans so it is perfect to keep one loaf of bread for you and freeze one or share it with a friend.  So simple to put together, and it will make your kitchen smell like a spiced fall candle!  Now that is reason enough to try this recipe : )  
 
He loves his pumpkin bread!

 
 
PUMPKIN BREAD
Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
 
 
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
1-1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1-1/2 cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar (I used dark)
1 can (15 ounce) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
4 Large Eggs
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup Orange Juice or Milk (I used Orange Juice but I might try Milk next time)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
NOTE:  You can add 1 cup of Walnuts or Dried Cranberries, if you like
 
Place all of the dry ingredients in bowl and mix until well blended.
 
Place all liquid ingredients in blender until well blended.
 
Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just until well blended.  Do NOT over mix as it will develop the gluten in the flour.
 
Divide batter between two large loaf pans.
 
Bake in a 325 degree oven for approximately 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
 


 
 

 
 
ENJOY!!
 
 










No comments: